Mar 16, 2014

*Being sober doesn't mean being invincible. I would like to think the days of stitches, bruises and black eyes are over, but that would have to entail my life being over~ which is just now beginning. The difference in my new injuries is the feelings behind them. There is a lack of regret, shame and humiliation when trying to explain the new bruise or having to defend my boyfriend, "He would never hit me!".
            It is now turned inward to feelings of practical fear~ how am I going to be able to do this or that at work? My new job doesn't entail washing dishes or anything of that sort but having to 'take it easy' for a pinkie wound is quite absurd.
              Freedom from self. Laughing at the new not so exciting stories as they were before; like this new addition to my collage of pain~ I was sweeping my front porch!
Three stitches... Removed tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment